As a Business Owner or Sales Director
Are you ever concerned that your sales reps are not delivering?
1. Are your targets being met?
2. Is everyone in your team performing to the level you expect?
3. Does everyone work well together to get the job done?
If you have answered “No” to one or more of these questions, perhaps it is time to think about what you can do to affect this. However, we understand that the thought of change can be daunting. Change also takes time and effort, so here are a couple of tips to get you started:
- Ensure your targets and expectations are clear and communicated well. Often under-performance can be the result of this not being understood by well to the employee. Make sure that the objectives you set are very clear and follow the SMART principles (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound) and have regular open dialogue to keep a check on progress.
- Ensure the targets are aligned to encourage teamwork and a consistent vision across the organisation. A common problem for businesses can be that although the targets may be clear; they are not united across the company so departments are working in silos. Thus resulting in the teams not being supportive and collaborative in fact the environment ends up working against the intended objective. So think about whether the sales targets aligned with the operational targets or your operational team is focussed on the same product/services that the sales team are trying to sell, etc.
“What distinguishes human beings is that we are capable of positive change…”The Dalai Lama.
Too busy running your company to take time out to plan for change, evaluate sales or review your systems and process which affect your business results?
Driven to make you succeed… Blake Murray Limited specialises in transforming businesses and people through leadership, performance and change management, working with Business Owners, CEOs, MDs and Directors to create, develop and achieve their business goals and personal aspirations.
We know that this kind of change can be difficult to visualise and also to realise the impact but we also know it is worth it when you do. If you are ready to take positive action but unsure of how to implement this, please contact us. Or, if you are struggling to ensure that the targets are SMART and conducive to productive teamwork, then we can help. We can help you in various ways to meet your targets and improve productivity and can give you an independent view on what is really happening.